Saturday, February 19, 2011

Freedom

You know sometimes in life where you feel like you have to free yourself from a situation, where you feel trapped from something but you can't get out? Where you're held in it by force and when your finally let go you feel so refreshed and free. That’s how I felt on February 18, 2011, when I paid my school my last check. The reason I have to pay them I will not get into but the whole semester I felt imprisoned, I felt like I was not wanted, and most of all my motivation was gone. This school took everything away from me in just 6 months. Friday was a day of freedom, a day to move on from destruction. I will not take back what they did give me though, and that's two good semesters. But that was spoiled by greed. This was much needed freedom, I needed to leave this school. It seemed the more I went the unhappier I was. I look at this freedom as a transformation, the semester off will give me much needed time to recalculate what I want in life, not major wise, but life as a whole. They did me a favor by terminating me. Now I have until august to reinvent myself, to look at this freedom as a chance to relocate the passion and motivation I have for what I loved to do. My school destroyed that, along with my self-esteem. I will get all that back and more with this freedom and do what I do best and that's prove everyone wrong. I am not known for giving up, and I will not be known for it now. So a chapter has closed in my book and a new one begins, as I go to a university in the fall, but first I have to go through 6 months of rehabilitation. A process that will make me remember why I love school so much, and why I love computer engineering and not why a school killed my motivation. I will enjoy this time off and it will be bittersweet, as I take on a new journey into my new life....


Sincerely yours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment