Saturday, February 5, 2011

Entry number 3: if this was your last day..


They say the world will end in 2012, so that means we would all have a year to live. Do I believe in it? No. But let's fast forward to December 31, 2011 at 11:59 pm, the ball is about to drop and everyone has the thought of the world ending on their mind. If something was to happen, like the whole world turning to dust. I would be thankful even if that was to happen. My whole life I have define the odds, I was just like everyone else, scared of death. With everything I've been through I still am. how would you feel if you were only 8 years old and you found out you had cancer but didn't know what it was. The doctors can explain it to you as much as they want but only your mother understands, you can see it in her tears. But you can't because in reality you are just an 8-year-old. I never got to live the life of an everyday child that age, I was to busy trying to save my own life. While everybody was playing on the swing sets, jungle gyms, and playing dodgeball in the mud, I was hooked up on an IV machine. The one thing that I had left was the t.v where I watched Arthur every day at 5pm, since I couldn't go to school anymore. Let’s fast forward to 9 years later, I thought the end was over, but as I learned maybe it was beginning. Who knew that a cancer survivor would need a new kidney, hear I was back in a life threatening situation, as the doctor told me I needed a new kidney. The day I got that news from the doctor I felt like the 9/11 attack victims, just devastated. Again, I’m 17 so all I heard was death and my heart dropped. Unlike when I was 8, I understood more. Now being 21 I understand it all clearly. But how would you react if you were so young? when your 8 the only thing you can understand is the word play. And at 17, you’re at the highlight of your high school life. If the world was to end 2012 I still don't believe it will but if a meteor was to strike the earth. I would be content with everything, and all that I survived through. I would be scared but if I had a flash back right there and then, it would over concur my fears.

To be continued

Sincerely yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment