Sunday, February 6, 2011

Entry 4: can't we live in peace?

"Thou shalt not kill" those words don't mean a damn thing to the world does it? Well it does apply to some of us, we see on the news people dying and our stomachs turn and we get caught up in emotions that can only be expressed from venting. In the last blog I talked about the world ending but what about if your life ends. Right now the city of Philadelphia is dubbed "the city of brotherly love" but nowadays we don't see that. Especially with the economy, people will kill you for your money, even if you were related to them. I saw on the news a while ago the Kensington strangler was caught, someone that has been terrorizing the girls in Kensington, they insist the streets will be safer now that he's caught, but this morning, same area a woman was killed. I did my research and at least 400 people have been reported dead in Philadelphia and outside of it alone in 2011 so far and it's only Feb. 6. I was almost added to that number though but not in 2011, it was December 13, 2010 I remember the day perfectly because it's a day that I can look back on and learn From it. I was on my way to school as I approached two black men, one in a big fur jacket and the other in a beige trench coat.one of the guys had a t mobile badge, so I am assuming that is we he works. I was trying to tell them I was going to school but they gave me a sales pitch about a cheaper plan. So me being the person I am I accepted thinking it would only be a few minutes. I gave them my number so they could check the plan I was on like requested and after that the mood changed. The men were more aggressive saying that I had owed them money now that they "paid" my bill. I said I don't have any money and that whatever they had done would have to be undone. This didn't go over to well with them as they blocked me in a corner as I was thinking of escaping. These men looked like they had weapons so I didn't try anything. They kept telling me how they've been to jail and how they have connected all over to take me out. After hearing this I got sick, I’m a suburban kid, I never knew these type of mentality.in my mind I felt like this was the end for me. until people kept looking more into it. he let me go. And as I called home to prepare my mom with the bad news of what had happened. I tried finding a cop to help me but no cop wanted the time of day with me.it brings me back to my first blog feeling so alone? This was one of those times.at that point I just wanted to be in my mother’s arms, because I'd feel safe, I’m an adult but sometimes you need your mother to tell you everything will be alright .can your life be taken away any second? Yes a lot of people would be enjoying their day then the next someone could take it away, life would be easier if we knew when it was our time or if we were like cats who had 9 lives we could say goodbye to our families once we get to the 8th. But the one thing we can do is enjoy it. Enjoy every single day of it.if I had one wish I wouldn't wish for a million dollars, I wouldn't wish for a pony, I wouldn't even wish that my life was better because everything is an experience for me. The one wish that would be unselfish and would make me happy would be to have a better world, to live in a non-kill world where everyone is friendly. I think that overshadows every wish I stated.

To be continued


Sincerely yours....

1 comment:

  1. As your poignant story unfolds, it makes me realize how strong you have become to be able to write about it with such honesty. I have watched you grow and jump the hurdles one at a time. Never smooth sailing, but resolute nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete